Your Skills Are In Demand
More Information About Locums
If you are just starting your venture into the locum’s world, you have come to the right place. Our recruiters at Lexx Healthcare not only find you the best opportunities, we also truly care for our providers. The number one goal, after finding you the best opportunities, is to make sure you feel apart of our family.
We are all humans, and we understand that people go though tough times. The recruiters and staff here at Lexx Healthcare, sympathize and want to be the person you can turn to. All our staff is available twenty-four hours a day, and seven days a week. When you need someone to vent to, we are here for you. Want to talk about how long a shift was? We are here for you. When you join our team, you are not just another number but our family.
Starting off in the locum’s world can be difficult and you do not know who to trust. You want to find a company that keeps your information private and keeps an open ear.
These are a few tips on how to find the right locum’s company:
- Find a company you trust! This is the most important because many company’s will use your information and block you from working with other companies.
- Know what you are looking for and where you may want to work. This will help Locum’s companies find the best opportunities and get you the best rates.
- Make sure that you receive confirmation letters for each assignment. You do not want to plan a work trip and find out last minute that it is canceled.
- Read those confirmation letters thoroughly. Always read the location, rates, and verify the dates that are written on those confirmation letters.
- Keep in mind that locum’s companies can get your travel covered. Do not pay additional fees for lodging or flights unless that was previously agreed upon.
- Do your due diligence and keep in mind that many locum’s companies cannot tell you exact location before verifying you do not have previous affiliations. We do not step on each other’s toes and as much as a company may want you to work, sometimes spiculations get in the way.
- Prepare ahead of time. Make sure you have your bags ready, and you are prepared for your prearranged flight, drive, or any other way you may travel. This is important because all those ways of traveling cost money to change and hospitals will not pay for missed flights.
- Know that you oversee your schedule and that you are doing these facilities favors by helping them. Not every facility will be amazing, or in the best location because facilities that look for locum’s coverage may be understaffed with their full-time employees.
These are all things a locum’s provider should know ahead of time. Find a company that will help you grow and will guide you through your locum’s journey.