Neonatologist needed in Louisiana to cover in-house and at any time during our NNP lead transports from referring hospitals.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Newborn Nursery Service (total 32 beds) is covered by local pediatricians. It is expected that the neonatologist will see the newborn at least one time during the newborn’s hospitalization. The NNP will round in Newborn Nursery also. In general, the average range of newborns on Envision service is 3-12
- Dedicated NICU respiratory therapist 24 hrs./d. Speech/OT therapists involved
- The NICU has whole body cooling capability
- The NICU has high frequency oscillator and nitric oxide
- Telemedicine echocardiogram readings.
- Cardiologist support mainly via phone.
- Cardiology clinics being advanced, with some in house consultation available during weekdays.
- Level III NICU
- EEG support, with local pediatric neurologist to read and consult
- No pediatric surgery available locally
- NNP’s place PICC lines
- NICU/Newborn beds: 32
- Avg Daily census: 12-16 NICU
- Annual births: 1300
- Scribe: NNP in-house 24/7
- C-section rate 35%
Shift responsibilities/procedures to included but not limited to
- Cover NICU/Newborn issues and requested deliveries until the NNP returns. The NNP goes on the transport with a respiratory therapist. If a VLBW is being transferred, a NICU RN will go in addition.
- In hospital 8 hrs./day
- Share patient care work load with NNP in NICU and Newborn Nursery
- Rounding daily at NICU bedside with NNP
- Call from home from 4pm- 8am
- Shared procedures with NNPs
- Must have LA license at time of presentation
- Must have clean background and malpractice
- Must be Board Certified Neonatologist
- Board Certified