Family Medicine Physician
Come work in a place rich with the charms of small-town life. Filled with both modern and traditional ways of life, southwest Alaska will take you beyond what you expect and redefine what you think of Alaska. The region is a lowland river delta, known for fishing Rainbow Trout, King Salmon and Coho Salmon.
This non-profit, Tribal healthcare organization administers a comprehensive healthcare delivery system for 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
- Census 14 to 18 patients per day (one patient every 30 minutes)
- Monday- Friday 9am to 500pm
- Village Travel – At a minimum of 4 times per year (once a quarter), travel to assigned villages to provide primary care services to our Alaska native population. These trips are a great opportunity to experience village life, see a bit of “bush” AK and are usually very rewarding experiences.
Scope of Practice:
- Adults/Pediatric/Geriatric preventative care acute care, chronic care, controlled substance refills, pain contracts, preoperative exams, post-surgical follow ups, employment physicals, disability visits, management of tuberculosis
- Women’s Health / Obstetrics
- Other procedural skills – simple skin biopsy (shave / punch), placement or removal of stitches/staples, nail removal, incision and drainage, cryotherapy, ear /nose foreign body removal, Nexplanon placement and removal, IUD placement and removal, ECG interpretation
- Must have completed an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency training program and be board eligible or board certified (unless specific exception is made) by the appropriate board of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have Alaska State License and DEA License.(or willing to obtain)
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Ability to supervise medical students, residents, physician extenders and community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Physician Salary: 222K-278K/ Year
- Sign on bonus: 35k-70K
- Relocation up to 14K
- Retention bonus 6%-11%
- Housing provided while transitioning to the area
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center