A growing number of providers are experiencing a phenomenon known as burnouts
Burnout occurs when your providers are beyond their capacity. Experiencing stress continuously in work and even home situations reduces a provider’s ability to handle stress day-to-day. Unfortunately, the problem is likely to worsen if left alone.
When your facilities’ providers are experiencing burnout, you could begin to see any of the following:
- Decreased patient satisfaction
- Decreased quality of care
- Increased rates of medical error
- Increased malpractice risk
- Providers resorting to extremes to cope